BigChiefBanos

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Friday August 26, 2005



WTF, eh???


OK, so the Puerco Domingo deal... you see, I love pork. One of my favorite meats, really... If I was forced into a corner I would say that it is near perfect. Just think of it... You got your Sausage, peperoni/terryaki sticks, chops, uhh.... loin, bacon, ham... Damn, look at that list...
OK, so I also love Mexican food... eatin' it, cookin' it, smellin' it...
So you put the two together and there you go...
So's I goes to the store, go down the Pork side of the meat case, and find about the cheapest piece of meat I can find, 99 cent a pound, and it is a big 'ole chunk, just over 5 pounds. It ain't the kind of meat that people just buy, take home and have for dinner. It is cheap 'cause it is basically the meat left over when you have butchered up the pig and packaged all the good (easy) pieces...
The first time I made this I did it for Chimichanga's 'cause I had just gotten my very own deep fryer... It turned out luscious... so I did it again, and then again...
I love cooking, it is my deal... it really is a science, but to me not the kind of science that requires a lot of precision. Below is as close as I can come to a recipe since I really have no idea of the measurments involved. When I cook I can already taste it so I adjust the ingredients accordingly... throw a little bit of this, a little bit of that, some beer and whatnot into a pan and kick back... think about it a bit, remember something hidden in the fridge that might taste good and throw that in too...
I know this bothers some people but that is the way it is done.
I am not bragging when I say that people have said words to me that, when put together in a certain order, suggest that I should open a restaurant... at first I was pleased, now I wonder why they hate me... I can put a meal together for a couple people, but repeating it over and over for many people throughout a day is not gonna happen. I get sore feet and knees after a couple hours in the kitchen, how the hell would I be after an 8 to 10 hour shift? And considering that something like 70% of new restaurants fail in the first year, driving their owners into the poor house, it just ain't for me...
**********
Anyhow, people have apparently taken it upon themselves to drive me nuts today, so I am gonna just leave it at this...
If you got any questions or comments go ahead and leave a note... or email me on the link that it listed...
PLEASE, SOMEONE COMMUNICATE WITH ME!!!!

Posted 8/26/2005 at 10:21 AM


Wednesday August 24, 2005





























Puerco Domingo
Not to be confused with Puerco Viernes
( that is completely different, although just as tasty)

DSCF0087-1
Start with a messy kitchen and clean it.


DSCF0088
Take out your Pork. This is the package I bought. Just over 5 lbs. 99 cents a pound, the cheapest meat in the store.

DSCF0090
In all its Porky glory. That white stuff on the outside is a THICK layer of something or other... I assume it is skin or fat or skin and fat or something... it was a complete pain in the ass to get off the meat.
DSCF0092
This is the end result of my butcherin'. Took me a good deal of time to get the fat/skin off the meat, the meat off the bone and figure out what pieces were what. I decided to keep the # 2 around for a while.

DSCF0093
Kiss the cook! Kiss the half naked sweaty cook! I gots to be comfortable when I cooks.


DSCF0099
OK, so all butchered up and ready for actually cookin'. Nice sized pieces.

DSCF0101
In the pot it goes... I actually cooked this in some olive oil (extra virgin) and (believe it or not) I can't believe its not butter. For real, dude, it's made from buttermilk... and onyone that knows me knows that I have a special place in my heart for buttermilk.
DSCF0102
The rest of the ingredients... Onion, Garlic, cloves, oregano, bay leaves, and some dried chilis... new mexico I think... Oh, and the beer does go in... and I used 2 vegetable boullion cubes... I believe that the gods of cooking like alcohol, and get offended if the cook doesn't join in, so I had to have one too... Praise his noodly goodness!!!

DSCF0105
OK, so the meat is out and the other stuff goes into the hot pan for a minute or two, just to get it started...

DSCF0106
This is what it looked like right out of the pan... got the outside seared but the inside is still all bloody...
DSCF0108
Throw it all in the pot... everything... doesn't take any special positioning or nothing, just get everything in the pan at once... Bring it up to a boil, turn it down to low, put a lid on it and walk away... serious...
DSCF0115
This is what it looked like an hour later... getting some color in there, the house is smellin' good, I tell you what...

DSCF0116
After 3 hours, out of the pot... the meat is literally (literally) falling apart... had to dig out chunks that fell off...

DSCF0117
I strained out all the goodness left in the pot. All the onion, garlic, meat bits, etc... throw the bayleaves away... you will need it all later (except the bayleaves)
DSCF0119
Ahh, good times, shred it all up... I let it cool for a few minutes, and used my fingers and a knife... really, it just fell apart so really didn't take much time... there was barely any fat left on the meat and it was TASTEY.
DSCF0120
OK, so I dumped the liquid out of the pan, threw the shredded meat in, with the saved stuff all mixed in, then poured some of the broth/drippins in over the meat... I forgot to mention, while I was shredding the meat I turned the burner up on the juice and reduced it for a while...

DSCF0121
So you got the juice/drippins in and you cook it until most of the liquid is gone, not too hot. You just want the meat to be moist when you are done... Hhhmmnn, moist meat...


DSCF0122
And this is what I was left with at the end... Tasty... I still have some in the fridge, been eatin' off it for a few days now...

Posted 8/24/2005 at 11:37 AM


Monday August 22, 2005




I am so HAPPY... I have decided to become a Pastafarian. I plan on dedicating my life to The Flying Spaghetti Monster, the creator of our universe.
Please, join me in this happiness and remember, as you go through life, WWFSMD...

Posted 8/22/2005 at 10:29 PM


Monday August 22, 2005



"Nooooo! Stop! Cease! Desist! Do not continue with the ramblings, for my ramblings are the ramblings to be obeyed. For I am the king, supreme leader, and all-around dictator. Don't you see? All you monkeys are my plan, so your plans are my plans because you are my plan and my plan was to make you! And I plan to rule the planet! Not to have my plans plan to stop me! I am your creator! I am your king! I am Mojo Jojo! Obey ME!"
Posted 8/22/2005 at 6:25 PM


Saturday August 20, 2005



Couldn't fit all the pictures I wanted up with the post below... I recommend going down on me... I mean going down the page and reading the entry below first then cumming, erp, uh, coming back up here and reading just below this...


OK, welcome back... So, here is our campsite..



Yes, that is a Castle tent, and NO, the girls did not actually sleep in it... I was pretty sure they wouldn't but I held out a secret hope that they would so I could try and get some camping nookie... but the ground was hard, it was a bit chilly out and all we had were 2 sleeping bags (scooby doo and Barbie)... I think we had one of the best sites in the park... Site 105 at the Deception Pass state park campground... I recommend it...



This was not actually a camping pick, but ain't she a beaut???
Me and her, we had a fantastic conversation last night, learned a lot about each other, which is amazing after 10 years... I still have a happy heart and am loving my life right now... even if I am being force to listen to Kidz Bop 6...


So, hey, take it easy, I gotta get going...

Posted 8/20/2005 at 3:9 PM


Saturday August 20, 2005



Thought I would throw up some pictures from my holiday... How about I reword that... sounds like I am planning on vomiting something I ate at some time... Uh... so, eh... ahhh, Pictures.. took.. me.. vacation.. here...



Fiona and Jessica (back to front) at the Scottish Highland Games... Now, I bet you are wondering what Viking helmets have to do with Scots... well, if you knew your history you would know that the Vikings landed in Scotland and France and ran the show for quiet a while (my people, yeah...)



The secret art of Rock Stacking. It really was therapeutic and fun... again, something about impermanence or something... I saw a Buddhist monk do this once so I am gonna say I was practicing Buddhism... which is fine, if you wanna argue, because I can claim it is Zen, so there.



The sun setting over the sound... I believe that land mass up there that the sun is slowly sinking behind is Canada. Victoria should be right around there... may be some other place... the peninsula? Dammit, just enjoy it...



Fiona and I... see how I am dressed? This is how I looked when I first met Paula (pretty much) and she thought I was a dork... heh... little did she know that this was just a disguise to keep the ladies at bay... must be true, 'cause Paula would not marry a dork... and Fiona is definitely not half dork... and the Mayfields are generally thought of in much more descriptive terms... anyway, Deception Pass just behind us... water craft would travel from left to right through the passage that was deceptive because it was not a harbor or something...



Ok, got a bit to say so gonna take it down a notch...
This was an indian princess, seems some underwater dude fell in love with her and asked her father for her to be his bride, dad said hell no cause he was afraid she would drown, dude said fine, no tasty seafood for you, so after the tribe got REAL hungry the father said, what the hell, sure, so the princess went under water (didn't drown) and the tasty seafood came back... after a year the princess came back, she had barnacles and other sea creatures on her, hung out then went back, oh, and her hair was seaweed (sea vegetables now, yo)... she did this for 4 years, and it kinda freaked the tribe out and she looked real sad when she was on land... so the tribe was all like, hey, you don't need to keep coming back you know... so she left and never came back... but the tribe remembers her and feels real good about knowing her... so they built this totem... one side is her before she went under, and the other is her afterwords... you can't tell from this picture but the detail is fantastic... if I had the gumption I would look up the tribe and names and stuff, think they were the swinomish or something... anyhow, the beach around this was all real fine round rocks and the water was shallow. we agreed that it was beautiful and peaceful here... I would go back to this area just to sit on this beach and chill...

P.S. The chick below, Nedra... She don't really worship the devil (that I know of) but she IS from Texas and they have this thing about throwin up the horns... and her husband appears to be nearly as furry as me, which makes him alright in my book...

Posted 8/20/2005 at 2:40 PM


Friday August 19, 2005



This is Nedra. She worships the Devil... as evidenced here...
Check this out... Her husbands name... now get this... is Trey...
For Rizzle, yo... she is the chick that did that contest where you gotta keep your hands on something the longest, in this case a Bike, and you win that thing... she didn't win, but anywho... in this picture she is loaded, she is loaded because she ran a half triathelon earlier in the day... Rock on Nedra!!!



I found my NEW house (to hydroponically grow Marihuana in)... Linkey-poo
Now someone gimme 2 and a half MILLION dollars...


Posted 8/19/2005 at 5:25 PM


Thursday August 18, 2005



Better post below, but I had to ask...


Ladies: Are there boogers all over the wall in the womens bathroom? Just wondering.... there are in the mens... its universal... I have not been in a mens room where there has not been a booger sighting... literally...

Posted 8/18/2005 at 1:18 PM


2 Comments



Okay, that's disgusting and NO, there are never boogers on the wall in the women's restroom. Not atleast in any I've been in. I've heard horror stories about men's restroom's. Hence the reason I think that they should never ever be co-ed unless there's some code of conduct and some security cameras. Anyway, no boogers.. no pee on the floor.. nada.. zip. Women pee clean.
Posted 8/18/2005 at 4:27 PM by WestCoastGold
I would also like to add that there are no toenail collections in girls' rooms.
Posted 8/18/2005 at 6:43 PM by DoesNotApply



Thursday August 18, 2005



YO!!!
I could SOO not be a pot farmer... the dream is dashed...
1) I don't like the pot... nope, not my deal man... would have to place it down at around # 5 on my top 10 list of intoxicating agents...
2) Paula would never wear a halter top... of course it was unspoken that there would be no bras involved... thought I would throw that in there...
3) I don't like hippies, and unfortunately most hippies not the pot... now if reefer were legal then many different kinds of people would be enjoying it, which may change the types that I would have to deal with... but, ya, no hippies...
4) Pot IS legal, but possesing it without a permit is not... did ya' know that... it was made a controlled substance and in order to posses it you need some sort of tax permit/documentation that allows for it, but the government never issued them, so possesing it without the permit is what causes all the strife... Now I seriously think this is rediculous, but not enough to really rail against it...
5) Jason Lee is not my friend, we have never met... although, if we did meet I am sure we would become best friends forever...
6) It would actually take more work than I actually mentioned in my dream... actually...
7) There is probably more, but I would be preaching to the choir (sizzling to the skillet, is that a saying?)
**********
Aaarrghghghg... I fully and completely expected to get shit on when I got to work today, couldn't sleep last night imagining all the possibilities that all ended in me explaining to Paula that I got fired and we wouldn't be able to afford the kidney opperation for one of the girls (I have a fecund imagination, eh???)...
I did not get shit on, I am shit free... I am golden at this point... Yeah!!!
***********
If my friend at work married a robot her last name would have been popclickwhirl instead of poppopclick... heh...
***********
I need a book to read, something a little dark... I was going to read Harry Potter, hear the seriesis supposed to be all the rage, eh... I tried, just can't get into it... AHHH, the new Tom Robbins book will be released on the 30th... aaarrrghgh, it is a collection of non fiction essays, reviews and short stories... Dammit Tom...
Ahh, I don't know... would like something new... anyone got any suggestions???
**************
I am getting completely JACKED on coffee (urban dictionary definitions don't define this as I see it, use your imagination)!!! Someone made it right today... and I got a BIG 'ol cup... feelin' a little twitchy... nice... once I confused coffee for love... another random memory from that time... eh, nevermind, don't want to travel there... bad mojo... gotta go... someone leave me some comments, something sexy or something...
Posted 8/18/2005 at 10:58 AM


1 Comments



I was wondering about the whole pot growing thing. I mean, really, it is A LOT of work. One time my grandpa grew a pot plant, it was hilarious... I'll have to 'splain it on a post later. I'm too busy being annoyed by people who are stupid, right now. Not a very sexy post, but then again, stupid people are so NOT sexy.
Posted 8/18/2005 at 11:48 AM by WestCoastGold



Wednesday August 17, 2005



Dude...
I know I will never, even if I could, probably wouldn't have the guts to pull it off...
But I could SO take off out of here and be a Pot farmer...
Some of you may have heard this fantasy of mine, to hit the lotto, buy a farm and grow some weed (Marihuana, say it with me, in a whisper... Marihhhhuaaaanaaa)...
I can see it now... I would wear nothing but overalls, one strap holding them up, the other down so I can scratch my belly, freeballin underneath (Paula would have to wear a halter top, yeah), hole in the thigh for some reason, barefoot...
I would probably get up early to listen to the birds and let the goats out...
I would inspect and water my crop before the sun gets too hight, pull some weeds (the bad kind) and maybe check out the vegetable garden...
By noon I would be done with most of my farmin'... I would sit on the back porch and smoke a joint and drink some mint tea (warm, not hot) and eat molasses cookies...
I might do some business in the afternoon, selling some stock to the dudes that make things out of hemp (rope, bracelets, handbags, lotion, etc.) and the medicinal marijuana people (I am doing this for profit AND charity, very noble)...
Late afternoons would be free... I would probably cruise around on my tractor doin shit, head on down to the stream and do some skinny dippin' (I would have an old lawn chair in the stream that I could sit in and maybe smoke a little dope)...
After dinner I would probably head out to the barn and do some art or somehting (I will have learned how to weld by this point and will make art out of found objects, like toilet paper tubes and some sort of metal 'cause you can't weld toilet paper tubes, yo)...
I would do this until I am interupted by a knock on the door... I would not be put off by being interupted... everyone is welcome to stop by, anytime... but most likely it would be my buddy
Jason Lee (he stops by all the time, live just down the road, we have good times)...
We would probably kick back on the old sofa I got out there in the barn, turn up the stereo, take a couple
fat bong hits and drink some Cokes (in a tall glass, plenty of ice)... We would just kick back and laugh our asses off until it got late and we started coming down and got all serious and emotional... he would wonder off in the dark at this point and I would shake my head and worry about him (he always makes it home ok)...
I wouldn't be one of those long hair free love hippy types being all organic and shit, though... I won the lotto, dammit, got the cash and don't have to live in the dirt, just want to play around in it for a while... Wouldn't put up with a bunch of organic types wanting to come and crash on the farm for a day or two that stretch out into weeks or months... feed your dog some meat, dammit...
Would probably have to grow some
poppies for cold and flu season, though...
Not sure what I would do in the winter... may have someone watch over the farm while we cruise around the country lookin at things... or maybe just hunker down for the winter... haven't really gotten that far...
Oh, did I mention shooting at cans with a BB gun??? I would do that too...
Oh, and the goats, we would sell or trade their fur (shave 'em)... maybe eat a couple of them...
Oh, and I would probably try and make some wine... and a still, would run a still down by the creek... would use sugar beets to distill out some moonshine... drink it with some branch water and mint... Damn, I would have to grow my own mint, for the tea and toddies and all... hmmnnn...
This is getting too complicated...
Posted 8/17/2005 at 10:8 AM


Tuesday August 16, 2005



Aaarrgghhh...


Somebody get me a band-aid...


I am feeling things today, random, incoherent things...


I feel one of those bizarre jags coming on... you know the ones... starts with a bunch of shouting about things that don't make much sense but appear to be important to the shouter and end up in a strange crying breakdown...


I feel like a tiger in a cage... pacing back and forth, growling at my water dish...


I feel like throwing myself at the feet of my favorite rock stars and thanking them for the beautiful music... which makes me feel like a big puss...


I feel like the end of summer... please, bring on the fall, I am sweating here and they don't appear to have the ability to do anything about the heat...


I feel like wang chung tonight... everybody wang chung tonight... remember that movie, to live and die in L.A.? There is something about that movie that makes me feel something, can't really put my finger on it...


I feel like sitting in a bar, drinking and smoking and playing darts and coming out of the bar after several hours into the cool of a fall afternoon...


I feel like standing next to Fiona's bunk bed and watching her sleep (I do this every morning, for a minute or two...)


I feel like crawling back into bed with my old lady and cuddling like we used to do so many years ago, when we didn't have so many responsibilities or any plans for the entire day... (not laying in bed for the entire day, no plans for the entire day... except maybe going down to University Village or something, getting some nachos from Taco Del Mar, maybe browsing through the books at Barnes and Noble, etc.)


Feelin' Funky, ants on a junky, I got more rhymes that a zoo has got monkeys...


Feeling a strange pressure in my head, like maybe something is going on... like it may split down the middle like some sort of ripe melon (hhhmmnn, melons)...


Ahhhhh, starting to feel ambivalent again... sweet, sweet ennui...


I feel like writing more like Henry Miller (kinda sexy and common) and less radical, like HST...
Anywho......... it appears to be all about ME today. What I am feeling. What is going on in MY brain...



Who wants to hear about my vacation? I didn't eat as much pork as I planned (hhmnnn,
Pork)...


Climbed a hella big mountain (more than 400' above sea level) and stacked stones on the beach... the stacking of stones (for me) was supposed to represent the impermanance of life or some other such buddhist thing, but then these dudes started throwing rocks at them to knock them down and I was all like, HEY!!!, and then Jessica started pushing them over and I was all like, HEY!!! so I guess I didn't really learn enough about impermanence as I thought. I went to Walmart AND Kmart all in the same day... I do not recommend this...


Oh, yeah, the Scottish Highland Games... went there... did not get the puffy shirt... it was HOT out... saw the Wicked Tinkers but the didgeridoo player that most women consider to be HOT was not there (Wayne Belger), and looking over the Tinkers site he is not listed as a band member any longer, whats up with that...


I must have done some other things but let me think on that for a bit...


*************Yep, Wayne is no longer playing with the Tinkers... So says THIS... Sorry ladies...*************

Posted 8/16/2005 at 10:57 AM


1 Comments



Yes, I don't understand how somebody by the name of Wayne Belger could be so HOTTTT! His name should be something much sexier. Wayne Belger is the name of a guy who wears short-sleeve oxford shirts, and black socks with all his footwear.


I like your similes.


You are fresh and fancy, like a just-unwrapped Always pad with wings.



Posted 8/16/2005 at 5:8 PM by DoesNotApply


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?